Saturday, June 15, 2013

Finding Home


You found me tonight.  I expected it to be just another drive home:  late night, all asleep but me and the radio, fighting hard to stay awake and make it safely home.  I knew early into the drive it would be different.  Wide awake on 164 with my thoughts alone to seek you.  And you found me. 
One of those moments we live for.  Thank you for finding me.  Thank you for seeking me. 
As I watched her stand on her own two legs tonight, you reminded me that You are the strength on which we all stand if we are ever able to stand against the winds and rains of this life.  I know not why you gave us this precious gift of time, more time to learn and grow and experience life together, but I remain humbled at your gracious mercy.  You ARE Good.  And You DO still work miracles.  And I am amazed that you invite me to witness these miraculously divine interventions, to be part of Your plan.
She has much left to teach; I am ready to learn.  She has much left to give; I am ready to receive.  She has much left to live; I am ready to partake. 
For now, she remains captive there, as she herself said.  But I know very clearly from our time together tonight that You are preparing for her a great day ahead when she will make it safely home, back here to us, until the day when You decide it IS time to call her home.   Why you gave her more time here we do not yet fully know, but I desperately ask that we would all seek you earnestly so her fight will have not been in vain.  Help us all to learn, to receive, to partake of You, to find You like we’ve never been found before.

No comments:

Post a Comment